Accueil > Intermediate microeconomics

BECO 1655A - Intermediate Microeconomics

Type d'enseignement : Seminar

Semester : Autumn 2017-2018

Number of hours : 34

Language of tuition : English

Pre-requisite

Basic Calculus and Probability Theory: equations, derivatives, optimization problems, probabilities and expected values

Course Description

The course complements the first year microeconomics course. It takes an institution-free approach to economics, in which we start from usual economic problems, try to understand the basic tensions at work, and derive institutions as possibly constrained solutions to these problems. In the process, we introduce the basic ideas of social choice, game theory, and mechanism design.

Teachers

  • CASSAGNEAU-FRANCIS, Oliver (Doctorant)
  • PEREZ, Eduardo V. (Professor at Sciences Po)

Course validation

There will be 3 to 5 problem sets, which will count for 40% of the grade, and a final exam, which will count for the remaining 60%

Required reading

The main textbook: Microeconomics, Eighth Edition. Robert S. Pindyck; Daniel L. Rubinfeld. Pearson. 2013